Microcredit Development Officer based in Athens
in order to drive and support the operations and strategy of microfinance in Athens.
The project’s aim is to assist micro-entrepreneurs and unemployed people willing to create their own business and who do not have access to the conventional credit market, by providing them with business support services, training and access to microcredit through financial institutions.
The Microcredit Development Officer reports directly to the General Manager and his/her key responsibilities are as follows:
- Work closely with AFI’s field partners in Athens and extended Attica area to identify potential microcredit beneficiaries;
- Take active part in the applicants’ filtering process by examining funding applications and business plans from potential microcredit beneficiaries, who will be proposed to the banks for micro-loans and deliver business support services to them;
- Determine the needs for and the provision of business support services to applicants and microcredit beneficiaries in coordination with AFI volunteers and field partners, matching beneficiaries with their volunteers/mentors;
- Implement regular Client Relationship Management actions related to the microcredit beneficiaries’ portfolio in order to further investigate needs to support successful businesses’ creation and growth;
- Act as a median between the microcredit beneficiaries and the credit providers/banks when needed to conduct amicable debts recovery, or revision of loan repayment;
- Officially represent AFI in Athens in the press, social media, roadshows, events and conferences;
- Conduct Informational Sessions both at AFI offices and at partners premises in order to raise information and awareness regarding microfinance and the organization;
- Supervise all growth plans in Athens, as well as recruit and train new staff, volunteers and interns when required;
- Conduct periodical field surveys to identify the needs of micro-entrepreneurs and pilot marketing actions in the field, including areas outside Attica region;
- Identify and drive new partnership opportunities with local organizations and volunteers;
- Keep continuous track of reporting KPIs at all stages;
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation and reporting needs of the projects and propose actions to further boost the performance and footprint of the pilot project;
- University degree in Business Administration / Finance / Economics;
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in private or non-profit sector, preferably in the field of entrepreneurship, business planning, and/or finance;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Active listener and good communicator with clients and partners; ability to empathize with entrepreneurs;
- Self-driven personality, autonomous and results-oriented;
- Resourceful, creative and problem-solver;
- Fluency in Greek and English is required. Good knowledge of French will be considered an asset;
- Computer Skills: MS Office, excellent use of Excel
Term of the contract: Closed contract, ending date: 31 December 2016
Joining AFI implies a meaningful work in an excellent environment, which encourages initiative and innovation and contributes to the development of microfinance, which promotes growth and employment.
Please send your CV, strictly accompanied by a cover letter at: firstname.lastname@example.org, until the 20th of December 2015 with subject: ATH Microcredit Development Officer. Do not forget to explain to us why you would be a good fit for this job in your cover letter.