Action Finance Initiative – AFI is the leading non-banking microfinance organization in Greece. AFI aims to assist micro-entrepreneurs and unemployed people willing to create their own business and who do not have access to the conventional credit market, by providing them microcredit and business support services. In the past 5 years AFI has provided access to 4.5 million euros to start-ups and existing businesses while providing training and mentoring to over 1.200 unique entrepreneurs and creating 750 new job positions . The microfinance sector in Greece is newly regulated and is expected to grow significantly in the next years. In this respect, AFI is seeking to recruit an IT Manager to lead the technological infrastructure that will enable such a growth.
The IT Manager reports directly to the General Manager and his/her key responsibilities are, among others, as follows:
- Lead the implementation, configuration and testing of the core banking system, Salesforce CRM and 3rd party integration solutions using Agile methodology,
- Manage all APIs and 3rd party configurations with several global and national banking/financial services/payments systems,
- Act as a focal point with all IT suppliers, partners and stakeholders,
- Ensure that IT initiatives are met and delivered in a timely manner, and within the prescribed budget,
- Lead the training of IT systems to all employees (train the trainer & train end users),
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments and recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines to address product specifications,
- Oversee all technology operations and evaluate them according to established goals,
- Coordinate with Management team and Board of Directors the implementation of strategies and establish IT policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 4-6 years of prior working experience in IT/Product Development functions
- Prior experience in the financial services/banking sector would be a great advantage
- Prior knowledge of Salesforce.com platform configuration, administration, and architecture would be considered an asset
- Ability to perform a full array of project management and technical leadership functions, including planning, assigning, and reviewing work and monitoring work operations
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Availability to start work in December 2020
- Interest in public good and social initiatives
- The IT Manage will contribute in a critical way to the shape and structure of the organization and its operations
- Travel requirement: 15% for the first year, within Greece
- We hire people that are self-motivated, comfortable conceiving strategies on the fly, and enjoy working individually and as part of a team. Our work is high-energy and demanding, but new hires will quickly feel at home among colleagues as friendly and focused as they are.
- The company is expected to 4x in size within 1 year, thus working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with constant change are integral to the job position.
What we offer
- A fast-growing and flexible organization in a newly regulated sector
- An attractive salary, additional benefits and office perks
- Mobile telephony including company provided smartphone device and data plan
- A meaningful work with direct impact to the Greek society and economy
Joining AFI implies a meaningful work in an excellent environment, which encourages initiative and innovation and contributes to the development of microfinance, which promotes growth and employment.
Please send your CV, strictly accompanied by a cover letter at: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: "IT Manager”